Monday 26 May 2014

The Rules





Saw this today on Facebook and I remember being told something very similar to this in my first year at veterinary college.  I  thought today that they weren't bad rules for spiritual formation either.  Especially number 11, which is the main reason I'm still a Catholic.  I've found a lot in my faith to love, which is as it should be.  I've found a lot that drives me crazy too, which is probably also as it should be.  I've found that ignoring the tough questions is never a solution but prayer, patience and discussion of said questions often is. 

Number 3 I believe is actually a direct paraphrase of St Paul. 

"Do not quench the Spirit.  Do not treat prophecies with contempt but test them all; hold on to what is good, reject every kind of evil." (1 Thes 5:19-22)
  
 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Sister Tibs,

    Always enjoy the stuff you post and how you connect it to faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much for the kind words, Hannah. A lot of the biggest influences in my faith have been Jesuits, and the concept of "finding God in all things" which is very central to Ignatian spirituality is something that resonated with me. Funny, because I loathed St Ignatius as a child and only discovered as an adult just how wrong I'd been about the man :)

    ReplyDelete